Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happiest Moments In My Life

I look back my early days
Likely to recount the moments of joy.
I thought the seconds when I opened my eyes first.
I asked myself if it was the happiest moments.
Might be a pleasure sought of Nature,
Might be the moments when my mother fed me her first milk;
Yet something could be better than the mother’s love.
I grew up to babble new utterances,
And found pleasure in my new inventions;
Yet those moments had no blossoms.
The day I crawled flashed across my inward eye,
And I believed it could beget me joy;
But my belief had not substance to ride on joy.
I sought delight on the day I carried my satchel to school first –
Yes, it was a wonder to me to enter the new world;
But turned out to be a mirage.
I sat with my heart before the Lord
Whose love on the Cross melted my emotions,
And I rose above my feelings with prayer.
I forgot my Self and peace surrounded me.
My heart uttered praises lifted towards the Cross.
I drowned in prayer and was clothed with the robe of joy.
Not my first vision, not my mother’s first milk,
Not my first babblings, not my satched to school;
But the simple presence with Christ raised me to joy of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment